Sunday, November 13, 2011

This Is Where We Live...

I found this little gem on youtube the other night, and it's just too good not to share.  Keep in mind Kenyon students, this is where we live.




I'm planning on taking this to the film department and asking if they can screen it in one of their classes.  I personally think it offers great insight into the art of filmmaking, especially when it comes to making documentaries or news stories.  I've even taken the liberty of starting an in depth analysis that could be used as a lesson plan if they so choose.  Here's a sneak peak:

We can see that the filmmakers cleverly used techno music to set the mood of the Fox Hole, the fast paced music also complements the manic conversation.  Symbolism is also present when the filmmakers opted to show a picture of the moon instead of the edgier choice of showing the old man's saggy butt.  I guess we can't all push the limits of art.

The climax of this piece is really when the old man charges the "reporter" and what's brilliant about it is that you're not expecting it.  He can move pretty fast coming out of absolutely nowhere, kind of like a perverted, senile Batman.  Now that's what I call a plot twist!

However, in this coming of age blockbuster, above all I think these two men offer some solid advice on becoming a man and knowing that it's okay to be curious about strip clubs.  The brilliant line, "you can go in there if you want, there's pretty nice tits in there, you might learn something" brought tears to my eyes.  So, I expect an increase in patronage at the Fox Hole.  I personally have also found strip clubs to be the most educational tool in female anatomy and I'm glad there are people out there who agree with me.

Sidenote:  The crazy man's accent...what is that?

These aspiring filmmakers have a whole youtube channel on the happenings in Mount Vernon, unfortunately none of their other videos are quite as amusing.  Although I will say the interview with a war veteran was very enlightening.  Apparently using TNT as bait when fishing is a bad idea, especially if you tie it to a metal pole and are using a row-boat.  Who'd have known!?

No comments:

Post a Comment