Monday, January 2, 2012

Let the Countdown Begin...

Well hello, 2012!  Happy last year of existence, Earth!

I rang in my final New Year with my family in a cabin in the middle of the woods.  No champagne, no party, just pajamas and trivial pursuit.  I really started the year off with a bang.  BUT since it is my last year alive (thank you Mayans) I plan to make the most of it.  I figure since I wasn't Rapture-d and have survived the chaos thus far, the end of the world should probably be able to finish me off.  That and the fact that the only thing I find relevant about the Mayans in my day-to-day life is the delicious Mayan hot chocolate at Moonstruck.

I just want a cup of this waiting for me on the other side

Since I am now facing my own mortality I was kindly reminded that I was baptized when I was younger by my grandmother.  Since my immediate family is not religious my grandmother took it upon herself to ensure that her grandchildren did not wind up in Hell.  She got permission from her preacher (so it's legit) and waited until my parents were out of the house.  After ensuring the secrecy of her holy act, she baptized my brother and me in a bathroom sink and a couple years later, my sister in a river.  So, I know I'm safe as an unlocked bike at Kenyon, what about you?

My favorite part of starting a new year is reading everyone's Facebook statuses.  And laughing.  Let's all be honest, not only do I not need to see your New Year's resolutions but we all know that most likely, you aren't going to follow through on them.  At least the specific ones.  Yes, we all want to have "A GREAT NEW YEAR!"  because "OMG 2011 SUCKED" but we all know that when next year rolls around you'll just be complaining about how 2012 was terrible and "2013 IS MY YEAR GRRL"...good thing the world is ending so I won't have to read about it.  Or my personal favorite, the 365 picture challenge, that about half the people I know start every year, and only about one actually finishes.  It's a great idea, really...you should totally go for it.

Well I started 2012 off with a new blog design and knowledge on how to jump a car.  So, I think it's shaping up to be a pretty good year.  Or at least average.  So I say let's go into this year sprinting and see how many crazy hijinks I can get into before it all ends.  Since I was baptized I'll end up in heaven, and no one else there is going to have any good stories to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment