Monday, December 5, 2011

What is Studying?

A (short) list of TV shows you should be watching right now but probably aren't because you're more responsible than me.  But if you need a study break (or an excuse to continue to not study), get on Hulu or Sidereel and maybe after you watch all 9 episodes of American Horror Story in one sitting it will finally start snowing.  Or you'll need to turn a nightlight on.  It's a toss up.

1.  Once Upon a Time:  This is what I image my life to be like.  No, you're wrong, I'm not actually a student at Kenyon College, I'm a princess who just happens to have fallen under an evil spell and can't remember my previous life.  The writers of this TV show totally read my middle school diary.  The only problem is that every time I finish an episode I want to listen to Adele and look listlessly out my window for Prince Charming.  Then I remember I'm in college...and laugh.

2.  American Horror Story:  Watch this show for Jessica Lange's character, Constance.  Do it.  Now.  Why are you still reading this?  I don't even have anything clever to say about it.

3.  New Girl:  Sometimes I think the parallels between Jess and what I would be like if I hadn't learned to not always speak my internal monologues are a little too close.  But actually.  This show makes me laugh for the whole 30 minutes, every time.  And while I'm not a huge fan of Zooey Deschanel as an actress, I am a fan of proving that women can be hilarious.  That, and I really want this to happen to me at some point in my life.  Those are some real men.

4.  Bones:  Come for the dead bodies, stay for the characters.  Oh, and the fact that this might be one of the first shows to actually resolve the sexual tension between the main characters, and survive.  Booth and Brennan 4LYFE!

Well I still have half an episode of Bones some reading left.  I hope this at least gave you a solid five minutes of procrastination.

No comments:

Post a Comment