Saturday, October 29, 2011

When You Get To My Door, Tell Them Boris Sent You

Happy Halloweekend to everyone!  I love Halloween.  I guess you could call me a Halloween-aholic.  If you come to my room in the month of October you will see the walls decorated with spiders, skulls, and witches, my desk piled with candy and cookies, and light-up plastic pumpkins all over the place.  My room is basically equivalent to that house you drive by with the four gnomes, seven fountains, and three lion statues in the front yard, and you think to yourself, "how tacky."  But I love Halloween.

This obsession started at a young age, probably just because I liked candy.  However, I'm more inclined to think it was because I liked dressing up and being the center of attention...not that that's changed.  I actually wore gold sparkly shoes and a I'M #1 button to my pre-school graduation.  I was a pretty big deal.  Clearly, getting to wear pretty dresses and being sparkly were my top goals in life since the age of five.

I started out as being a bunny, and this phase lasted a short seven years.  Always the same costume, I actually didn't grow until junior high.  After the bunny years I became obsessed with Disney princesses.  Disney princesses embodied everything my little mind had envisioned for my life:  a handsome prince, ponies, elegant balls, pretty dresses, magic, and animal friends.  Not to mention the fact that I thought I actually was a princess who had been taken away from her magical kingdom to be kept safe from the evil queen.  I also had animal friends, they were imaginary raccoons.  I nursed them back to health after they fell through my window.  Over the course of several years, I went through every Disney princess.  I even dressed as Mulan one year because when I was younger I was Asian an empowered, independent woman.  After the princess years came the scary years.  The years of witches, ghosts, and devils.  Theses were not so notable because I was going through puberty and was awkward and just wanted to be "cool".

Now that I'm in college, Halloween is an excuse to dress up as anything with little clothing.  This is really a shame.  I feel like Lindsay Lohan in "Mean Girls" when she showed up at the Halloween party as a dead bride and everyone else was dressed as slutty animals.

I was thinking this year about being a slutty barn.  I would dress as a barn and when you opened the barn doors I would be naked and covered in hay.  However that required too much effort.  So then I thought about being a slutty lobster by being a lobster without the shell, but no one would get that.  I thought about being a slutty tree, where throughout the course of the night I'd lose all of my leaves.  I can't quite figure out the logistics of that one though.

Anyway, Happy Halloweekend everyone!  See you all at Old Kenyon tonight, I'll be the slutty piece of carpet.

If you didn't get the title of this post, you clearly need to get more in the spirit.  Now, do the mash.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment